- 5 cups uncooked medium egg noodles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook noodles according to package directions until tender.
- In another saucepan, melt butter; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the spinach, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Drain noodles. Add to spinach mixture; toss gently to coat.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Noodles Florentine(5)
Sort By :
This makes a delicious meal. All's needed is salad to go alongside!
I thought this recipe was very bland as written. but, it has some potential....I did like the nutmeg, I thought it could use a bit more. It definitely needs "something" to kick it up to rate 5 stars.
We really enjoyed this, as we love creamed spinach and I do add just a tiny touch of nutmeg when I make it. This is a rather bland dish, and I don't always go for bland, but this was a nice accompaniment to the pork chops we had for dinner. I did add a little heavy cream to the low fat milk to make it a bit richer, and used slightly more cheese than called for, plus I used less nutmeg....only a tiny pinch. Everybody's tastes are different......I've given low marks to dishes that others think are wonderful, so it's all an individual matter.
This was terrible. Flavorless, and definitely not worth making again.
I added sour cream, chicken and mushrooms. I left out the nutmeg, because I dont like it and substituted garlic for it. My family liked it really well
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Pasta >
- Budget Side Dish Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pasta Side Dish Recipes >
- Pasta Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Spinach Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >