Noodles and Kraut
I sampled this recipe at a 25th anniversary party and was told it was a family favorite, courtesy of a Polish grandmother. I shared the recipe with my sister-in-law’s family and she told me her five-year-old son loved it so much that he would eat it cold for breakfast! Every time our family gathers now, someone brings this dish.
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- In a small skillet, melt butter. Add onion; saute until tender. Add
- noodles and sauerkraut; cook and stir over medium heat for 2
- minutes. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes, stirring
- occasionally. Yield: 3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 293 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 429 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.