Looking for a mild main dish to satisfy picky palates? Try this beefy stovetop supper. "It's a very quick dish," assures Katie Kuepfer from Milverton, Ontario. "We love noodles, so it's one of our favorites."
4 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 5 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no
- longer pick; drain.
- Stir in the water, tomato paste, chili powder, garlic, salt and
- pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5
- minutes. Drain noodles; stir into skillet. Yield: 4 servings.