Noodle Rice Pilaf
By adding a few fine egg noodles to a rice pilaf, you can have a deliciously different side dish. Terrific with fish, this dish also goes well with meat or poultry. Kathy Schrecengost
Oswego, New York
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1/2 cup uncooked fine egg noodles or broken vermicelli (1-inch pieces)
- 2-3/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add rice and
- noodles; cook and stir for 3-4 minutes or until noodles are lightly
- browned. Stir in broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer,
- covered, for 20-25 minutes or until broth is absorbed and rice is
- tender. Stir in parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 298 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 759 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.