Noodle Nibblers Recipe
For a tasty alternative to plain old potato chips, try the crunchy snack Lee Denney of Cushing, Oklahoma created from pasta. "The spices and cheese that coat the fried noodles give them a terrific flavor," she assures. "We love to eat them with soup, sandwiches or in between meals."
- 2 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Pat dry with paper towels. Heat oil to 375° in an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer. Fry bow ties, a few at a time, for 1-1/2 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- 2. Combine remaining ingredients in a resealable plastic bag; add warm bow ties and shake to coat. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 3 cups.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC