I make this traditional dish along with other Jewish specialties for an annual Hanukkah/Christmas party with our friends. -Lauren Kargen Williamsville, New York
- 1 package (1 pound) egg noodles
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups (16 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 3/4 cup cinnamon graham cracker crumbs (about 4 whole crackers)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Toss with butter; set aside. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, sour cream and cottage cheese until well blended. Stir in noodles.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the cracker crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve warm or cold. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Noodle Kugel in Taste of Home December/January 2004, p41
Reviews for Noodle Kugel
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review