Noel Salmon Cheesecake Recipe
During the holidays or any time you're expecting a crowd, this savory cheesecake is sure to be a popular appetizer. The mild smoked salmon flavor is delicious.—Nella Parker, Hersey, Michigan
- 1/2 cup pumpernickel bread crumbs
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces smoked salmon or lox, chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- Assorted crackers
- 1. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9-in. springform pan. Sprinkle bread crumbs into pan, coating bottom and sides; set aside. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in cream and pepper until blended. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Fold in salmon and onions.
- 2. Place pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan. Place pan in a large baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 45-55 minutes or until center is just set. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer (cheesecake may crack while cooling).
- 4. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Refrigerate leftovers Serve cheesecake with crackers. Yield: 16 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC