Noel Cookie Gems Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1/3 cup seedless strawberry jam
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition. Shape into 1-1/4-in. balls; roll in nuts.
- 2. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a 3/8- to 1/2-in.-deep indentation in the center of each ball. Fill with jam.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
2 each: 211 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 122mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Noel Cookie Gems
"Very good cookie. Delicious addition to our cookie tray."
"I make these cookies often. I chill the dough for 1 hour for easy handling. I use a variety of homemade jams. I use chopped sliced almonds for the nuts. One time I had run out of nuts and substituted colored nonpareils for the nuts. They turned out great!"
"I have been making this cookie for several years. I always come back to find the recipe. My family sees these as a Christmas tradition.They taste wonderful and look really good."