Noel Cookie Gems Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1/3 cup seedless strawberry jam
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition. Shape into 1-1/4-in. balls; roll in nuts.
- Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a 3/8- to 1/2-in.-deep indentation in the center of each ball. Fill with jam.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Noel Cookie Gems
Sort By :
"Very good cookie. Delicious addition to our cookie tray."
"I make these cookies often. I chill the dough for 1 hour for easy handling. I use a variety of homemade jams. I use chopped sliced almonds for the nuts. One time I had run out of nuts and substituted colored nonpareils for the nuts. They turned out great!"
"I have been making this cookie for several years. I always come back to find the recipe. My family sees these as a christmas tradition.They taste wonderful and look really good."