No-Yolk Deviled Eggs
"This lighter recipe still provides traditional deviled egg flavor and appearance," conveys Dottie Burton of Cincinnati, Ohio. "A mashed potato mixture magically replaces the yolk filling."
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 10 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs
- 3/4 cup mashed potatoes (prepared with fat-free milk and butter)
- 1 tablespoon fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 to 3 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise; remove yolks and refrigerate for
- another use. Set whites aside.
- In a small bowl, combine mashed potatoes, mayonnaise, mustard and
- food coloring if desired; mix well. Stuff or pipe into egg whites.
- Sprinkle with paprika. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10
Nutritional Facts: 1 deviled egg equals 35 calories, 118 mg sodium, trace cholesterol, 3 gm carbohydrate, 4 gm protein, 1 gm fat.