No-Yolk Deviled Eggs Recipe
- 10 hard-cooked eggs
- 3/4 cup mashed potatoes (prepared with fat-free milk and butter)
- 1 tablespoon fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 to 3 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 1. Slice eggs in half lengthwise; remove yolks and refrigerate for another use. Set whites aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine mashed potatoes, mayonnaise, mustard and food coloring if desired; mix well. Stuff or pipe into egg whites. Sprinkle with paprika. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10 servings.
2 each: 35 calories, 1g fat (0g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 118mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for No-Yolk Deviled Eggs
"I fixed regular filled eggs last Easter and few were eaten. I love the idea of "potato salad" in the eggs. I think it will go over much better. I'll make them more often!"
"Brilliant idea. On a low Chol diet, this works right in to what we like. I added black pepper and sweet pickle relish as if making a potato salad. The yellow food coloring really tricks the eye and tummy. Thank you for this recipe! It's a keeper."
"I didn't make them yet but, they sound exactly like I will. I have high BP, so these will be better than all the yolks that are in other deviled eggs! I can't wait to try these."