"This lighter recipe still provides traditional deviled egg flavor and appearance," conveys Dottie Burton of Cincinnati, Ohio. "A mashed potato mixture magically replaces the yolk filling."
- 10 hard-cooked eggs
- 3/4 cup mashed potatoes (prepared with fat-free milk and butter)
- 1 tablespoon fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 to 3 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise; remove yolks and refrigerate for another use. Set whites aside.
- In a small bowl, combine mashed potatoes, mayonnaise, mustard and food coloring if desired; mix well. Stuff or pipe into egg whites. Sprinkle with paprika. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as No-Yolk Deviled Eggs in Taste of Home April/May 1999, p17
Reviews for No-Yolk Deviled Eggs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review