No-Turn Omelet Recipe
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups cooked crumbled sausage or cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cups cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup crushed saltines (about 24 crackers)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Pour into a greased shallow 3-qt. or 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for No-Turn Omelet(4)
Sort By :
I bring this recipe to every brunch for the last 14 years! My family loves it!
Made this recipe for the first time for Christmas 2010. My family loves it, so it is a regular at our house. My recipe calls for process American cheese. I just use 5-6 slices cut up and lay 2 more slices on top. I also have maded with cheddar cheese and sauasge. Both are good. We do perfer the American cheese, since it is different from so many of Breaksfast casseroles in my collection. I usally serve it along with a fruit salad, sausage links and muffins.
We love this recipe. It is so easy and quick to put together. I make some baked seasoned potato wedges at the same time. Add a fruit salad or just some sliced fruit, and dinner is ready!
I find this to be a very flexible recipe. If I don't have, or prefer not to use, sausage, I could add extra veggies for a meatless version. It also works very well with chopped ham, or crumbled bacon, instead of sausage. It's great with the process cheese as specified, but I also make it with shredded cheddar. Highly recommended!
This is a great recipe!! Everyone loves it in my family!!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Ham >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Meat Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >