It's a snap to put together this colorful casserole. I like to make it a day ahead, then refrigerate and bake the next morning. With ingredients such as sausage, eggs, cheese and peppers, it tastes like a strata—except it uses crackers rather than the traditional bread cubes. —Helen Clem Creston, Iowa
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups cooked crumbled sausage or cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cups cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup crushed saltines (about 24 crackers)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Pour into a greased shallow 3-qt. or 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as No-Turn Omelet in Quick Cooking March/April 1998, p31
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for No-Turn Omelet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review