No-Turn Omelet Recipe
- 8 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups cooked crumbled sausage or cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cups cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup crushed saltines (about 24 crackers)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Pour into a greased shallow 3-qt. or 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for No-Turn Omelet(3)
Sort By :
Made this recipe for the first time for Christmas 2010. My family loves it, so it is a regular at our house. My recipe calls for process American cheese. I just use 5-6 slices cut up and lay 2 more slices on top. I also have maded with cheddar cheese and sauasge. Both are good. We do perfer the American cheese, since it is different from so many of Breaksfast casseroles in my collection. I usally serve it along with a fruit salad, sausage links and muffins.
We love this recipe. It is so easy and quick to put together. I make some baked seasoned potato wedges at the same time. Add a fruit salad or just some sliced fruit, and dinner is ready!
I find this to be a very flexible recipe. If I don't have, or prefer not to use, sausage, I could add extra veggies for a meatless version. It also works very well with chopped ham, or crumbled bacon, instead of sausage. It's great with the process cheese as specified, but I also make it with shredded cheddar. Highly recommended!
This is a great recipe!! Everyone loves it in my family!!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Ham >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Meat Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >