No-Turn Omelet Recipe
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups cooked crumbled sausage or cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cups cubed process cheese (Velveeta)
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup crushed saltines (about 24 crackers)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Pour into a greased shallow 3-qt. or 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for No-Turn Omelet
Sort By :
I made these with ham and used egg beaters and it was very good. Will
add a little swiss cheese next time.
I have made these before and have found it is best to refrigerate overnight. Also, leftovers are great cold too!
This is a delicious recipe! I prepared it the night before and baked it early the next morning. I took it out of the refrigerator 30 minutes in advance as the recipe suggested. The only adjustment I made was baking it 1 hour instead of 45 minutes. I found that the middle wasn't completely baked after 45 minutes.
I haven't made it, but it sounds great! The only thing is, I can't imagine waiting all that time for breakfast, so I'm going to try it for a lunch dish when I have a few friends over - with the sparking wine, as suggested!
Does anyone know if this can be frozen? i haven't tried it yet, but it looks like a handy thing to pull out of the freezer on a Sat. morning!