"When you first start on a low-salt diet, everything tastes bland until your taste buds have time to adjust. This seasoning will help overcome that blandness," promises Roma Lea Short of Baldwyn, Mississippi. "Some people still reach for the salt shaker out of habit. Put this seasoning on the table instead of salt—they can shake it on and be satisfied. It tastes great!"
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 5 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- Combine all ingredients in a small jar with a shaker top. Use for
- seasoning broiled fish, poultry, cooked vegetables, soup and stews,
- or place it on the table to be used individually. Yield: 1/3 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/3 tablespoon) equals 9 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.