No-Salt Salt Recipe
"I find filling a salt shaker with this mixture of spices reduces the automatic reach for salt," notes Joy Back of Cincinnati, Ohio. Joy, who follows a low-sodium diet, sprinkles the fragrant fusion of flavors on meat, fish, poultry and vegetables.
- 3 bay leaves broken into pieces
- 3 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender; cover and process until finely ground. Transfer to a salt shaker; use in place of salt. Yield: 8 teaspoons.
1/4 teaspoon: 2 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 9mg sodium, trace carbohydrate (0g sugars, trace fiber), trace protein
Reviews for No-Salt Salt
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC