"I find filling a salt shaker with this mixture of spices reduces the automatic reach for salt," notes Joy Back of Cincinnati, Ohio. Joy, who follows a low-sodium diet, sprinkles the fragrant fusion of flavors on meat, fish, poultry and vegetables.
- 3 bay leaves broken into pieces
- 3 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender; cover and process until finely ground. Transfer to a salt shaker; use in place of salt. Yield: 8 teaspoons.
Originally published as Salt Substitute in Light & Tasty December/January 2002, p23
Reviews for No-Salt Salt
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review