No-Oil Salad Dressing Recipe
A little horseradish gives a lot of zip to this tart cooked dressing from Naomi Giddis of Two Buttes, Colorado. Cornstarch offers a convenient way to thicken this tangy blend without oil.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Artificial sweetener equivalent to 2 teaspoons sugar, optional
- 1. In a saucepan, combine the cornstarch, mustard and water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Cool completely. In a bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Whisk in cornstarch mixture. Store in refrigerator. Stir before serving. Yield: about 1 cup.
2 tablespoons equals 16 calories, 96 mg sodium, 4 mg cholesterol, 4 gm carbohydrate, trace protein, trace fat, trace fiber. Diabetic Exchange: Free Food.
Reviews for No-Oil Salad Dressing
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC