Tender and moist, these easy whole wheat rolls boast a great herb flavor! Deborah Patrauchuk - Sicamous, British Columbia
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add remaining ingredients. Beat on medium speed 3 minutes (batter will be sticky). Do not knead. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Stir batter down. Set aside 1/4 cup batter. Fill muffin cups coated with nonstick cooking spray half full. Top each with 1 teaspoon reserved batter. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 8-12 minutes.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 minute before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as No-Knead Whole Wheat Rolls in Healthy Cooking April/May 2010, p33
Reviews for No-Knead Whole Wheat Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review