- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add remaining ingredients. Beat on medium speed 3 minutes (batter will be sticky). Do not knead. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Stir batter down. Set aside 1/4 cup batter. Fill muffin cups coated with nonstick cooking spray half full. Top each with 1 teaspoon reserved batter. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 8-12 minutes.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 minute before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for No-Knead Whole Wheat Rolls
Sort By :
So easy and delicious!
I've never been able to make rolls that didn't have the consistency of hockey pucks (and I'm a pretty experienced cook), but these came out great. . . light texture, good flavor, and super quick. I couldn't believe how easy and fast they were, and still taste like you put lots of work into them! Thanks for a great recipe!
Upon reading reviews and the recipe, the reserved batter is to use 1 tsp. of batter on top of each of the rolls. The purpose looks to be to give it a "roll" look instead of a cupcake or muffin shape.
These were easy and super delicious. Plan more time for rising than listed.
Light, airy and oh so easy. Of course I'll make these again. I used half wheat, half white flour and 2 Tabls. honey, leaving off the molasses. The extra 1/4 cup batter is just for looks. I did half with, half without and wouldn't waste my time with that again. Thanks for the recipe.
More Recipe Collections
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >