No-Knead Whole Wheat Rolls
Tender and moist, these easy whole wheat rolls boast a great herb flavor! Deborah Patrauchuk - Sicamous, British Columbia
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 10 min.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add remaining
- ingredients. Beat on medium speed 3 minutes (dough will be sticky).
- Do not knead. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled,
- about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Stir dough down. Set aside 1/4 cup batter.
- Fill muffin cups coated with nonstick cooking spray half full. Top
- each with 1 teaspoon reserved batter. Cover and let rise until
- doubled, about 8-12 minutes.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 minute before
- removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 roll equals 139 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 212 mg sodium,