- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add remaining ingredients. Beat on medium speed 3 minutes (batter will be sticky). Do not knead. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Stir batter down. Set aside 1/4 cup batter. Fill muffin cups coated with nonstick cooking spray half full. Top each with 1 teaspoon reserved batter. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 8-12 minutes.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 minute before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for No-Knead Whole Wheat Rolls
"although easy to make, the appearance and taste of the rolls falls a little short."
"So easy and delicious!"
"I've never been able to make rolls that didn't have the consistency of hockey pucks (and I'm a pretty experienced cook), but these came out great. . . light texture, good flavor, and super quick. I couldn't believe how easy and fast they were, and still taste like you put lots of work into them! Thanks for a great recipe!"
"Upon reading reviews and the recipe, the reserved batter is to use 1 tsp. of batter on top of each of the rolls. The purpose looks to be to give it a "roll" look instead of a cupcake or muffin shape."
"These were easy and super delicious. Plan more time for rising than listed."
"Light, airy and oh so easy. Of course I'll make these again. I used half wheat, half white flour and 2 Tabls. honey, leaving off the molasses. The extra 1/4 cup batter is just for looks. I did half with, half without and wouldn't waste my time with that again. Thanks for the recipe."
"I just made the whole wheat rolls but i used whole white wheat flour and whole white wheat pastry flour.2 cups of white wheat flour 1 cup of white wheat pastry flour. Fantastic rolls"
"Just took my batch out of the oven, and all I can say is WOW!! They are easy and SO delicious!! I used 2 TBS of honey and no molasses (didn't have any on hand). I also didn't bother with the reserved 1/4 of batter. I plan to try them with more whole wheat flour next time. Excellent recipe!"
"Certainly can't way to make these. love all your recipes."
"Sounds great, what is the purpose of saving1/4cup of dough"