- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add remaining ingredients. Beat on medium speed 3 minutes (batter will be sticky). Do not knead. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Stir batter down. Set aside 1/4 cup batter. Fill muffin cups coated with nonstick cooking spray half full. Top each with 1 teaspoon reserved batter. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 8-12 minutes.
- Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 1 minute before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for No-Knead Whole Wheat Rolls
Sort By :
"although easy to make, the appearance and taste of the rolls falls a little short."
"So easy and delicious!"
"I've never been able to make rolls that didn't have the consistency of hockey pucks (and I'm a pretty experienced cook), but these came out great. . . light texture, good flavor, and super quick. I couldn't believe how easy and fast they were, and still taste like you put lots of work into them! Thanks for a great recipe!"
"Upon reading reviews and the recipe, the reserved batter is to use 1 tsp. of batter on top of each of the rolls. The purpose looks to be to give it a "roll" look instead of a cupcake or muffin shape."
"These were easy and super delicious. Plan more time for rising than listed."