This simple recipe requires no kneading, so you can mix this up with less fuss. It still has that great fresh-from-the-oven flavor your family is sure to appreciate! -Barbara Ann Gross, APO, New York
Recommended: 20 Recipes for Homemade Rolls
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in honey; add butter, salt and whole wheat flour. Beat on low speed until well-blended. Stir in all-purpose flour. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes. Stir 30 strokes with a spoon; pour batter into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until batter reaches edge of pan, about 30 minutes. Bake at 375° for 30-40 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Originally published as No-Knead Whole Wheat Bread in Country Woman November/December 1990, p35
Reviews for No-Knead Whole Wheat Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 14, 2009
"I needed to use up ingredients so I threw in some flax seed and wheat bran and it was great!"
Reviewed May. 7, 2009
"BEAUTIFUL bread!!! I made this for a friend, I know she'll love it!! It's so simple, too!! Ty for the recipe!!"