This simple recipe requires no kneading, so you can mix this up with less fuss. It still has that great fresh-from-the-oven flavor your family is sure to appreciate! -Barbara Ann Gross, APO, New York
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) quick-rise yeast
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in honey; add butter, salt and whole wheat flour. Beat on low speed until well-blended. Stir in all-purpose flour. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes. Stir 30 strokes with a spoon; pour batter into a greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until batter reaches edge of pan, about 30 minutes. Bake at 375° for 30-40 minutes. Cool on wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Originally published as No-Knead Whole Wheat Bread in Country Woman November/December 1990, p35
Reviews for No-Knead Whole Wheat Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review