No-Knead Knot Rolls Recipe
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 to 6-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sugar, salt and 2 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Beat in egg and shortening. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (do not knead). Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Punch dough down and divide into four portions into a 14-in. x 12-in. rectangle. Spread 2 tablespoons butter over dough. Fold in half lengthwise; cut into 12 strips. Tie each strip into a knot; tuck and pinch ends under. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour. Bake at 400° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire rack to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Reviews for No-Knead Knot Rolls
Sort By :
Love these rolls!....perfect for me b/c they don't require kneading. I don't often to the typical bread or rolls because the time they usually require. These are nice and moist and buttery. A keeper!!
Have made this many times, makes great sandwich rolls too.
A friend gave this recipe to me several years ago...I LOVE THIS RECIPE!!!!!!!!! I have made it many times since then, and one lady that came over to my house to eat when I made these ate 5 of them!! And she wasn't even a big eater. :) This recipe is a *definite* keeper.
This recipe is simple and the final product is just as tasty as the traditional dinner roll recipes that require so much more work. If you don't want to make the knot formation you can roll 1 inch balls and place three in each space of a cupcake tin to form a clover shaped roll.
I have made these for family get togethers for several years. They are delicious and very easy - you just need to plan for the refrigerator and rising time. I can't remember which issue this recipe is in, so I came here to find it quickly! These will be on our Thanksgiving table.