No-Knead Honey Oatmeal Bread Recipe
- 2 cups water, divided
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 packages (1/2 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1 large egg
- 4 to 5 cups all-purpose flour
- Melted butter, optional
- 1. In a small saucepan, heat 1 cup water to boiling. Stir in the oats, butter, honey and salt. Let stand until mixture cools to 110°-115°, stirring occasionally. Heat remaining water to 110°-115°.
- 2. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the egg, oat mixture and 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a stiff dough.
- 3. Spread batter evenly into two greased 8x4-in. loaf pans. Smooth tops of loaves. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 35-40 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Brush with melted butter if desired. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
1 slice: 132 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 325mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Reviews for No-Knead Honey Oatmeal Bread
"I used 4.5 tsp of yeast (2.25 tsp. in each yeast pkg). and I think it is the correct amount."
"VERY good bread!! and could not be easier to make. It turned out soft, buttery and sweet ... perfect!"
"Did it turn out OK with the 2 packets of yeast?"
"Can't help but wonder if the quantity of yeast is correct 2 package 1/2 ounce each, should it be 1/4 ounce each?! Will follow up to advise if bread turned out right (I used a total of 5 tsp of yeast)"