No-Knead Casserole Bread Recipe
"You'll love this cheddar casserole bread, promises Peggy Key of Grant, Alabama. "It is one of the easiest yeast breads to make. And since it calls for rapid-rise yeast, you don't have to wait long to enjoy it!"
- 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) quick-rise yeast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 2-1/2 cups flour, sugar, yeast, salt and pepper. In a saucepan, heat water and butter to 120°-130°. Add to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Stir in 3/4 cup of cheese, onion and remaining flour; beat until smooth.
- 2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; shape into a ball. Place in a greased 2-qt. round baking dish. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 20 minutes.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Remove from dish to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 199 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 274 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC