You'll need only three ingredients to make these fluffy chocolate bites. The quick, creamy confections get a pretty look when rolled in ground almonds as shown here. Placed in foil candy cups, they make a special gift when presented in a festive holiday tin.
27 ServingsPrep: 50 min. + freezing
- 2 packages (10 to 12 ounces each) milk chocolate or butterscotch chips
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1-1/4 cups ground toasted almonds, graham cracker crumbs or finely chopped salted peanuts
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chips; stir until smooth. Cool to room
- temperature, about 30 minutes, stirring several times.
- Fold in whipped topping. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto waxed
- paper-lined baking sheets. Freeze for 1-1/2 hours or until firm.
- Shape into balls; roll in almonds, crumbs or peanuts. Refrigerate or
- freeze in an airtight container. If frozen, remove from the freezer
- 30 minutes before serving. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 103 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 9 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.