No-Fuss Truffles Recipe
You'll need only three ingredients to make these fluffy chocolate bites. The quick, creamy confections get a pretty look when rolled in ground almonds as shown here. Placed in foil candy cups, they make a special gift when presented in a festive holiday tin.
- 2 packages (10 to 12 ounces each) milk chocolate or butterscotch chips
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1-1/4 cups ground toasted almonds, graham cracker crumbs or finely chopped salted peanuts
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chips; stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes, stirring several times.
- Fold in whipped topping. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Freeze for 1-1/2 hours or until firm.
- Shape into balls; roll in almonds, crumbs or peanuts. Refrigerate or freeze in an airtight container. If frozen, remove from the freezer 30 minutes before serving. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as No-Fuss Truffles in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p60
Reviews for No-Fuss Truffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 26, 2010
"Very good. I have been searching for this recipe. Used it last Christmas. Wanted more. Love that you can make ahead and freeze."