No-Fuss Swiss Steak Recipe
- 3 pounds beef top round steak, cut into serving-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 can (11 ounces) condensed tomato rice soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1. In a large skillet, brown beef in oil over medium-high heat; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add carrots and celery. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over meat and vegetables.
- 2. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Discard bay leaf. Thicken cooking juices if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
6 ounce-weight: 246 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 477mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 32g protein.
Reviews for No-Fuss Swiss Steak
"Excellent flavor I thickened the gravy with flour water mixture next time I will add more veggies and potatoes"
"My family really liked this one. I liked how easy it was and it was good, but I think next time I will add some more seasoning to it. I apparently didn't read the recipe right and cut the meat into chunks rather serving size pieces, but we served it over mashed potatoes so it was almost a stew and it worked out great."
"This is a very easy & delicious recipe..I recommend doubling the recipe for more than 4 people..my family loves this!"
"only how can any stars be given when nobody wrote about it. same with others on this site"