"I received the recipe for this dish from my cousin," notes Sharon Morrell from Parker, South Dakota. "I make it regularly because our children love the savory steak, tangy gravy and fork-tender veggies."
- 3 pounds beef top round steak, cut into serving-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 can (11 ounces) condensed tomato rice soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- In a large skillet, brown beef in oil over medium-high heat; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add carrots and celery. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over meat and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender. Discard bay leaf. Thicken cooking juices if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as No-Fuss Swiss Steak in Quick Cooking July/August 2003, p44
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for No-Fuss Swiss Steak
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review