No-Fuss Pumpkin Cake Recipe
In Larsen, Wisconsin, Nancy Heider makes the most of convenience items to come up with this moist old-fashioned cake. "It goes together quickly," she writes. "That's a plus for me, because I have a husband who loves desserts."
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pumpkin, eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin pie spice; beat on low for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- 2. Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat frosting and cream cheese until smooth; spread over cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 20-24 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 239 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 194 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC