No-Fuss Pumpkin Cake Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pumpkin, eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin pie spice; beat on low for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat frosting and cream cheese until smooth; spread over cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 20-24 servings.
Reviews for No-Fuss Pumpkin Cake
Sort By :
"Great recipe. I have made it several times for different events with requests for the recipe every time. The only changes I have made are to leave out the extra sugar in the cake and to add cinnamon to the icing."
"I love this recipe. I've made it eight times since discovering it last year and it always tastes and smells great - no one ever wants just one piece!"
"Moist, easy to make and taste great. A good in the hurry to make cake. Frosting is excellent."
"Add a few nuts, leave out the sugar bake in loaf pans and it makes a delicious pumpkin bread! This sort of cake is always too sweet to me with the frosting and being diabetic I don't need the added sugar."
"Excellent recipe and so easy! A keeper for me :)"