- 6 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 5 cups water
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules or 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Minced chives, optional
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add milk and parsley. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until heated through. Garnish with chives if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings (about 3 quarts).
Reviews for No-Fuss Potato Soup
Sort By :
This soup tasted like vegetables cooked in evaporated milk. No real flavor. For those who added ham and liked it, I can see why. It definitely needs something other than parsley to give it flavor.
So easy and delicious! This is possibly one of my new favorites!
This came out excellent for me. I also added a pack of diced ham to make it an all around meal. I will definitely make again.
The vegetables should definitely be sauted before adding. After 6 hours the vegetables were already complete mush. I did come out very thin and I had to add a flour/water rue to thicken. I agree with many others that it would be better with 8 cups of potatoes, some mashed.
Oops, forgot to mention in my review that I only *checked* it at 4 hours. I cooked it longer per the recipe instructions. (But, if I had left out the onions, I think it actually would have been done after 4 hours).
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cream Soups >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Soup >
- Potato Soup Recipes >
- Simple Soup Recipes >
- Simple Vegetarian Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Potato Soup >