No-Fuss Potato Soup Recipe
- 6 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 5 cups water
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules or 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Minced chives, optional
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add milk and parsley. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until heated through. Garnish with chives if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings (about 3 quarts).
Reviews for No-Fuss Potato Soup(13)
Sort By :
So easy and delicious! This is possibly one of my new favorites!
This came out excellent for me. I also added a pack of diced ham to make it an all around meal. I will definitely make again.
The vegetables should definitely be sauted before adding. After 6 hours the vegetables were already complete mush. I did come out very thin and I had to add a flour/water rue to thicken. I agree with many others that it would be better with 8 cups of potatoes, some mashed.
Oops, forgot to mention in my review that I only *checked* it at 4 hours. I cooked it longer per the recipe instructions. (But, if I had left out the onions, I think it actually would have been done after 4 hours).
After 4 hours in my slow cooker, the potatoes were mushy, but the onions were still crunchy. I think I'd either saute the onions first or omit them altogether. Also, the soup was thin; I think I'd omit a cup of water when making again. But it was good and easy and I'll try it again with my suggestions.
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Cream Soups >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Soup >
- Potato Soup Recipes >
- Simple Soup Recipes >
- Simple Vegetarian Recipes >
- Slow Cooker Potato Soup >
- Slow Cooker Recipes >