No-Fuss Potato Soup Recipe
- 6 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 5 cups water
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules or 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Minced chives, optional
- 1. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until the vegetables are tender.
- 2. Add milk and parsley. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until heated through. Garnish with chives if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings (about 3 quarts).
Nutritional Analysis: One 1-cup serving (prepared with margarine) equals 190 calories, 827 mg sodium, 12 mg cholesterol, 26 gm carbohydrate, 5 gm protein, 7 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.