- 6 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 5 cups water
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules or 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Minced chives, optional
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add milk and parsley. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until heated through. Garnish with chives if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings (about 3 quarts).
Reviews for No-Fuss Potato Soup
Sort By :
"Add about 1 teaspoon thyme. Makes a huge difference."
"I just made this soup can't wait till my Husband gets home he is going to love it. I added ham and bacon bought some fresh Baggett and also added instant potatoes to thicken it my house smells wonderful thank you to whoever put out this recipe I have never made Potato soup but I will for sure make this again. It is so cold outside good day for some good soup. Made it on my stove top took about a hour easy"
"I make 1/2 the recipe in my 3qt crock pot and increased the pepper & added some chopped jalapeno."
"To thicken potato soup I add a few instant potatoes to the pot when its almost done. Can't wait to try this recipe. Thanks for sharing."
"Its the way I make my soup, except I haven't added carrots, and I add hard boiled eggs, sliced before serving, ( the way my mom made it when a kid )"