For a busy-day supper, my family loves to have big steaming, delicious bowls of this soup, along with fresh bread from our bread machine. —Dotty Egge, Pelican Rapids, Minnesota
- 6 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 5 cups water
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules or 2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Minced chives, optional
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine the first nine ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 7-8 hours or until the vegetables are tender.
- Add milk and parsley. Cover and cook 30 minutes longer or until heated through. Garnish with chives if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings (about 3 quarts).
Originally published as No-Fuss Potato Soup in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p44
Reviews for No-Fuss Potato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review