There's no need to slice potatoes for this creamy salad. Myra Inners of Auburn, Kansas uses a box of scalloped potatoes to hurry along the preparation.
Recommended: What to Make for Dinner When Your Fridge is Bare
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) scalloped potatoes
- 3-2/3 cups water, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- Paprika, optional
- Set aside sauce packet from potato package. In a large saucepan, bring potatoes and 3 cups water to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Rinse with cold water; drain thoroughly. Transfer potatoes to a bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in contents of reserved sauce packet. Gradually add the remaining water; stir until smooth. Bring to a boil. Remove from the heat. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Stir in mayonnaise and mustard; gently stir into potatoes. Add eggs and sprinkle with paprika if desired. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as No-Fuss Potato Salad in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p53
Reviews for No-Fuss Potato Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review