No-Fuss Pork Chops
These tender, mouthwatering chops taste a bit like sweet-and-sour pork but require little attention or time. I prepare them year-round whenever I'm on a tight schedule but still would like something scrumptious.—Sally Jones, Lancaster, New Hampshire
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Hot cooked noodles, optional
- In a skillet, cook pork chops in oil until browned on both sides,
- about 8 minutes. Add the onions; cook until tender. Combine
- pineapple juice, brown sugar, vinegar and salt; pour over pork
- chops. Cover and simmer until meat is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Serve over noodles if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 172 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 308 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.