- 1 boneless pork loin roast (4 to 5 pounds), cut into quarters
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 can (27 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 2 medium tart apples, sliced
- 1 cup apple juice
- Rub roast with mustard; sprinkle with garlic powder and sage. Place sauerkraut and half of the apples in a 6-qt. slow cooker. Top with roast. Pour apple juice around roast; top with remaining apples.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or until meat is tender. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for No-Fuss Pork and Sauerkraut
Sort By :
"The pork was dry and the kraut/apple mixture was mushy. Disappointing."
"This is a great recipe. I did double to sauerkraut, because we enjoy it. The meat was perfectly cooked. We served it with the traditional mashed potatoes & corn."