No-Fuss Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- Additional sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream peanut butter, shortening and sugars. Beat in water. Gradually add dry biscuit mix.
- 2. Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork dipped in sugar, forming a criss-cross pattern. Bake at 400° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 138 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 158mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for No-Fuss Peanut Butter Cookies
"Not bad for such a simple recipe! I didn't have any vanilla so I was pleased to find this which did not call for any! Me and my 3-year old granddaughter made them together. And, if she's pleased I'm pleased!"