No-Fuss Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
These quick-and-easy peanut butter cookies go great with a cold glass of milk.—Mary Browning, North Ogden, Utah
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:27 servings
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- Additional sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream peanut butter, shortening and sugars. Beat in water. Gradually add dry biscuit mix.
- 2. Roll dough into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork dipped in sugar, forming a criss-cross pattern. Bake at 400° for 9-11 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 138 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 158 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC