No-Fuss Peach Melba Dessert Recipe
- 2 individual round sponge cakes
- 2 canned peach halves in syrup
- 2 scoops vanilla or peach ice cream
- 1 tablespoon raspberry jam, warmed
- 2 teaspoons chopped nuts
- 1. Place cakes on dessert plates. Drain peaches, reserving 1 tablespoon syrup; spoon 1-1/2 teaspoons syrup over each cake.
- 2. Place peach halves hollow sides up on cakes. Top with ice cream. Drizzle with jam and sprinkle with nuts. Yield: 2 servings.
One serving (prepared with reduced-sugar peach halves and reduced-fat ice cream) equals 237 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 173 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for No-Fuss Peach Melba Dessert
"Easy to put together on short notice and always have ingredients on hand. I keep sponge in my freezer for just such a time."