I like to put together this no-fuss dessert while the after-dinner coffee is perking.—Kathryn Awe, International Falls, Minnesota
- 2 individual round sponge cakes
- 2 canned peach halves in syrup
- 2 scoops vanilla or peach ice cream
- 1 tablespoon raspberry jam, warmed
- 2 teaspoons chopped nuts
- Place cakes on dessert plates. Drain peaches, reserving 1 tablespoon syrup; spoon 1-1/2 teaspoons syrup over each cake.
- Place peach halves hollow sides up on cakes. Top with ice cream. Drizzle with jam and sprinkle with nuts. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Peach Melba Dessert in Cooking for 2 Winter 2005, p39
Reviews for No-Fuss Peach Melba Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 31, 2009
"Easy to put together on short notice and always have ingredients on hand. I keep sponge in my freezer for just such a time."