- 2 individual round sponge cakes
- 2 canned peach halves in syrup
- 2 scoops vanilla or peach ice cream
- 1 tablespoon raspberry jam, warmed
- 2 teaspoons chopped nuts
- Place cakes on dessert plates. Drain peaches, reserving 1 tablespoon syrup; spoon 1-1/2 teaspoons syrup over each cake.
- Place peach halves hollow sides up on cakes. Top with ice cream. Drizzle with jam and sprinkle with nuts. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Peach Melba Dessert in Cooking for 2 Winter 2005, p39
Reviews for No-Fuss Peach Melba Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 31, 2009
"Easy to put together on short notice and always have ingredients on hand. I keep sponge in my freezer for just such a time."