I can always rely on these easy-to-make meatballs to feed my hungry family in a hurry. The simple yet savory sauce is made with just two ingredients I always have on hand, and it keeps the meatballs moist and tender.—Dr. L. M. Walton, Farmerville, Louisiana
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1-1/3 cups ketchup
- 2 cups ginger ale
- Hot cooked rice
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Add beef; mix well.
- Shape into 1-1/4-in. balls. In a Dutch oven or large saucepan over
- medium heat, bring ketchup and ginger ale to a boil. Reduce heat.
- Add meatballs; cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until meat is no
- longer pink. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 332 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 1,115 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.