No-Fuss Lasagna Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato paste
- 3 cups water
- 2 packages (1-1/2 ounces each) spaghetti sauce mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups (16 ounces) cream-style cottage cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 package (16 ounces) lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add tomato paste, water, spaghetti sauce mix, sugar, parsley, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Simmer, partially covered, for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- 2. In a bowl, combine eggs with cottage cheese, half of the cheddar cheese and half of the mozzarella. Set aside. Spoon a third of the meat sauce into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place half of the uncooked noodles over sauce. Top with a third of meat sauce and press down. Spoon cottage cheese mixture over all. Cover with remaining noodles and meat sauce. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Bake, covered, at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheddar and mozzarella cheeses. Bake an additional 15 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 632 calories, 23 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 149 mg cholesterol, 1,210 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 46 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.