No-Fuss Lasagna Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (12 ounces) tomato paste
- 3 cups water
- 2 packages (1-1/2 ounces each) spaghetti sauce mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups (16 ounces) cream-style cottage cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 package (16 ounces) lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1. In a Dutch oven, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add tomato paste, water, spaghetti sauce mix, sugar, parsley, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Simmer, partially covered, for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- 2. In a bowl, combine eggs with cottage cheese, half of the cheddar cheese and half of the mozzarella. Set aside. Spoon a third of the meat sauce into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Place half of the uncooked noodles over sauce. Top with a third of meat sauce and press down. Spoon cottage cheese mixture over all. Cover with remaining noodles and meat sauce. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Bake, covered, at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheddar and mozzarella cheeses. Bake an additional 15 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.
Freeze option: After assembling, sprinkle lasagna with remaining cheddar and mozzarella cheeses. Cover and freeze unbaked lasagna. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake lasagna as directed, increasing time as necessary to heat through and for a thermometer inserted in center to read 165°. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 632 calories, 23g fat (13g saturated fat), 149mg cholesterol, 1210mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 5g fiber), 46g protein.
Reviews for No-Fuss Lasagna
"Love this! I like the fact that you can prep night before and bring out for company the next day!"