No-Fuss Ham Patties Recipe
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 8 tablespoons dry bread crumbs, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 10 ounces ground fully cooked ham
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk, pickle relish, 6 tablespoons bread crumbs and mustard. Crumble ham over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties. Sprinkle each side with remaining bread crumbs.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook patties over medium heat in butter for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reaches 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 352 calories, 25 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 118 mg cholesterol, 1,230 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein.
Reviews for No-Fuss Ham Patties
"I followed the recipe exactly like printed and it was very difficult to make the patties stick together. They kept falling apart. Instead of milk for the liquid I think a white sauce would work much better."
"In response to olddutch's question, I always used leftover baked ham and grind it in my foodprocessor. I would add about 2 tablespoons of mayonaise to the mixture to ensure moistness. Great as a stand alone meat dish or a patty for a ham sandwhich."
"this is a great way to use leftover ham, just chop it fine in the food processor."
"where do u get 10 ozs ground fully cooked ham ??"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.