- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 8 tablespoons dry bread crumbs, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 10 ounces ground fully cooked ham
- 3 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk, pickle relish, 6 tablespoons bread crumbs and mustard. Crumble ham over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties. Sprinkle each side with remaining bread crumbs.
- In a large skillet, cook patties over medium heat in butter for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reaches 160°. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now
Reviews for No-Fuss Ham Patties
Sort By :
I followed the recipe exactly like printed and it was very difficult to make the patties stick together. They kept falling apart. Instead of milk for the liquid I think a white sauce would work much better.
In response to olddutch's question, I always used leftover baked ham and grind it in my foodprocessor. I would add about 2 tablespoons of mayonaise to the mixture to ensure moistness. Great as a stand alone meat dish or a patty for a ham sandwhich.
this is a great way to use leftover ham, just chop it fine in the food processor.
where do u get 10 ozs ground fully cooked ham ??