No-Fuss Dinner Rolls
I really enjoy making these rolls for our son because he loves them and the recipe is so easy. In a little over an hour, you can offer your family oven-fresh rolls.
15 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- Melted butter
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. Add the egg, butter,
- sugar, salt and 2 cups flour. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Stir in remaining flour (batter will be stiff). Do not knead.
- Cover and let rest for 15 minutes. Stir dough down. Fill greased
- muffin cups three-fourths full. Cover and let rise in a warm place
- until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with
- melted butter. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire
- racks. Yield: about 15 rolls.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 163 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 22 mg cholesterol, 190 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.