This recipe could hardly be simpler to prepare. The chicken gets a wonderful tangy taste, and no one will know you used convenient ingredients like a bottle of salad dressing and onion soup mix...unless you tell them.
-Marilyn Dick, Centralia, Missouri
16 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) Russian or Catalina salad dressing
- 2/3 cup apricot preserves
- 2 envelopes onion soup mix
- 16 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- Hot cooked rice
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a bowl, combine dressing, preserves and
- soup mix. Place chicken in two ungreased 11x7-in. baking pans; top
- with dressing mixture. Cover and bake 20 minutes; baste. Bake,
- uncovered, 20 minutes longer or until chicken juices run clear.
- Serve over rice. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 275 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 635 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.