No-Fuss Beef Roast
For Christmas dinner or other special occasions, this beef rib roast makes an elegant entree. I just coat the beef with a dry rub to spark the flavor, then stick it in the oven. It comes out perfect every time!
6-8 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 1-3/4 hours + standing
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bone-in beef rib roast (4 to 6 pounds)
- 1/2 cup butter
- Combine the first four ingredients; rub over roast. Place roast, fat
- side up, in a roasting pan. Dot with butter. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 1-3/4 to 3 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness
- (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium,
- 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10-15 minutes before
- carving. Thicken pan drippings for gravy if desired. Yield: 6-8
Editor's Note: One envelope of meat marinade seasoning mix may be substituted for the seasoned salt, garlic powder, onion powder and cayenne.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.