For Christmas dinner or other special occasions, this beef rib roast makes an elegant entree. I just coat the beef with a dry rub to spark the flavor, then stick it in the oven. It comes out perfect every time!
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bone-in beef rib roast (4 to 6 pounds)
- 1/2 cup butter
- Combine the first four ingredients; rub over roast. Place roast, fat side up, in a roasting pan. Dot with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-3/4 to 3 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10-15 minutes before carving. Thicken pan drippings for gravy if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as No-Fuss Beef Roast in Taste of Home December/January 2001, p31
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for No-Fuss Beef Roast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review